Music gives me all the feels. I imagine most dancers feel that way. It’s a huge part of who I am, it makes me work harder, run faster, love more, and leap higher. Songs identify certain times in my life, certain people, the happy, sad, the good and the bad. I am always chasing new songs that “move me”. I must say I found some good ones. A few that made tears sneak out and trickle down my cheeks. You know thats a sure sign it will be on repeat, and if I teach you played loudly in a hot, dark winter classroom.
I hope you took on the last blog post, reflected on 2018 and put some “on pointe” goals in place for 2019.
These songs are a gift from me to you always! LOVE K
Music with Lyrics for a warm up, stretch, across the floor, center barre or contemporary.
- Cologne- Haux
- My Love -Ria Mae
- In My dreams- Ruth B
- Cloud 9 -Frances
- No Matter -France
- Landslide- Robyn Cherwell (CURRENT FAV)
- Yours – Ella Henderson
- Everything I need – Skylar Grey
- Early Morning Light -Sarah Jarosz
- Tightrope – Sara Barellis
- Revelation -Troye Sivan and Jonsi
- Unchained Melody – Boyce Avenue (can be used for the Unchained Melody adagio in January Ballet Barre post. I love teaching it to piano and then giving them a chance to do the combination to music with lyrics.)
Instrumental Piano – For stretching and across the floor.
- Ocean Eyes – The Theorist
- You are the Reason – The Theorist
- She Used to be Mine – Piano Dreamers
- Let You Go- Piano Dreamers
- Love Me Now – The Theorist
- In My Blood/ Swan Lake – Piano Guys
- Shape of You – The Theorist
- Peter and the Wolfe OP 67
- The Seasons OP 37 – Julie Barcarolle